Seriously - people, companies, and governments will give you money to study the Placebo Effect. Some are listed below.
Please beware though, that some medical industries don't want the placebo effect to work and want to find out ways to diminish it. Follow your heart in your work - and "do no harm". The links below look pretty innocuous to me and seem to really want to help patients, even if it might affect their someone's margins.
- NIH Research Grant - http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-DA-12-004.html - Also, if interested, learn from the researcher's results. I think all the research results are, or will be, available to the public.
- Similar to above - NIH - http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-AT-02-002.html
- Likewise - http://www.grants.gov/search/search.do?mode=VIEW&oppId=72273
- Also - http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-DA-12-003.html
- Michael J. Fox - Parkinson's - http://www.michaeljfox.org/research_MJFFfundingPortfolio_searchableAwardedGrants_3.cfm?ID=609
- NCCAM - http://nccam.nih.gov/news/2012/011012.htm
- U.S. Federal Assistance - https://www.cfda.gov/?s=program&mode=form&tab=step1&id=ec9616ec04a46757cc71242e5db70b2b
If interested in finding more, you can Google these search strings -
(placebo OR nocebo)-(effect OR response) "research grant"
(placebo OR nocebo)-(effect OR response) "research grant" site:.gov
Best wishes in finding your pot o' gold, if you need it.